Since the movie has aired around the world to scathing reviews and since I’m a diehard fan (they can do no wrong; even if the sequel did nothing to move the characters along) I thought I’d recap what the sequel did manage to achieve, with all it’s puffery and OTTness (over-the-topness).
1. No matter how far you travel (and do travel often) home is where your heart is
2. There’s no such thing as overdressed; who cares if 5-inch stilettos in the desert isn’t exactly practical
3. Never be afraid to admit when something isn’t working; even if you only admit it to yourself
4. Knowing all the moves to Single Ladies is truly a talent and should be harnessed for good not evil.
5. Be yourself, live on your own terms, be non-traditional and don’t cop to the status quo
In the end the movie was a puff piece meant to be over the top and unrealistic, but then again the show was over the top and unrealistic.
What did you think of Sex and the City 2? Be honest, I won’t kill you.