Since the movie has aired around the world to scathing reviews and since I’m a diehard fan (they can do no wrong; even if the sequel did nothing to move the characters along) I thought I’d recap what the sequel did manage to achieve, with all it’s puffery and OTTness (over-the-topness).
1. No matter how far you travel (and do travel often) home is where your heart is
2. There’s no such thing as overdressed; who cares if 5-inch stilettos in the desert isn’t exactly practical
3. Never be afraid to admit when something isn’t working; even if you only admit it to yourself
4. Knowing all the moves to Single Ladies is truly a talent and should be harnessed for good not evil.
5. Be yourself, live on your own terms, be non-traditional and don’t cop to the status quo
In the end the movie was a puff piece meant to be over the top and unrealistic, but then again the show was over the top and unrealistic.