Life is a constant pursuit in finding your passion. So often, it feels like we are chasing the things that society, our family and friends believe we should. In a world where it seems everyone is following their passion it’s easy to feel like you are being left behind or worse, feeling like you have no clue what your dream is. Don’t fret my pet, we’ve all been there.
Instead of letting the weight of immediate decisions deter you, get still and listen to your heart. What is it saying? What is it telling you to do? That beat, that thump in your chest, that vigor that awakens whenever you do blank is your passion. It’s calling out to you, won’t you answer?
Finding your passion doesn’t mean you have to quit your day job straight away and start your business. It simply means you should take the steps (sometimes baby steps) to do more of the things you love.
As a soft kick in the pants here are 33 tips to cut out the white noise, listen to your heart and start down the splendid path that is your dreams.
1. Stop watching TV in favor of working on your side business at night
2. Join a Meetup group of like-minded people passionate about your hobby
3. Get still. Don’t rush into things without first consulting your inner compass
4. Talk to your best friend; ask them what they think you’re good at
5. Start a blog where you madly talk about your favorite cause/passion/thoughts
6. Take your mother out to dinner and have a chat about your goals. Mothers know it all!
7. Enter that art competition you’ve been longing to win. Can’t win unless you enter!
8. Cut out your shoe shopping habit in lieu of making your business legit
9. Quit negative thinking. Stop. Right. Now
10. Start a sister circle for other women looking for support and advice
11. Help someone else pursue their passion
12. Be prepared. When opportunity knocks you need to answer the door
13. Seek the counsel of a career consultant/coach/cheerleader
14. Take a break. Go out of town and forget about the chase. Come back renewed
15. Say No! To everything you don’t want to do so you have more time to do the things you love
16. Schedule a daily power hour; where you spend an hour working on your projects sans interruptions
18. Wake up an hour earlier and work in the peace & quiet of the morning
19. Leave excuses at the door; get to work and worry later
20. Exercise regularly. A healthy soul is a passionate soul
21. Create your “team” of people who wholeheartedly support you
22. Realize that:
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream…”, C.S. Lewis
23. Have a game plan. Write out your personal mission statement to guide your actions
24. Incorporate your business. Marry your passion. Put a ring on it.
25. Make a vision board or actionable chart of things you want to achieve
26. Schedule daily meditation/ prayer/reflection
27. Seek out people whose career you look up to. Talk to them. Make them your mentors
28. Create a “Passion Fund”. Add a small amount daily and spend it on things that contribute to your business
29. Accept failure. Failure is a stepping stone to success
30. Ask yourself, “What would I do for free?”
31. Surround yourself with other passion pursuers. Go-getting is contagious.
32. Start a Dream Journal, where you write your dreams into existence
33. Be thankful for where you are right now and you will go further
I hope these 33 tips have sparked your interest and have given you the surge to go out and start doing more of the things you love!
How are your pursuing your passion?