What did 2010 mean to you? While another year is coming to a close, it’s convenient for people to proclaim lofty goals and aspirations for what 2011 has in store. I fully believe that you can’t move forward until you examine the ruins of years past. What did you take away from 2010 that you will carry with you through 2011 and beyond? What hard fast lessons did the past year serve you and what did you accomplish and check off your “To-Do” list?
For me, 2010 was a year of truths. Oprah, one of my Master Minds, says that there are many things that she knows to be true. These are adages, pearls and experiences that without a shade of doubt she believes in her heart. Truth is universal and ever-changing and there is no one definitive truth. Your truth is very different than mine and the beauty is in discovering it.
This past year I discovered several things to be true about myself, accomplishing goals, personal relationships and what success really means. 2010 taught me a lot and here are 10 truths I hold to be self-evident.
1. There is no substitute for hard work
2. Your thoughts are the most powerful tool you possess
3. Exercise is next to Godliness
4. When someone shows you who they are… BELIEVE THEM!
5. This too shall pass
6. A good attitude will get you further than a fat ass! True Dat!
7. We are more powerful than we can ever imagine or will ever know
8. Patience is a virtue but being virtuous is easier said than done
9. Friendship is essential to the soul
10. No matter what happened in the past, today is a new day
What truths did you discover in 2010? How will you take them into 2011?