Louis Vuitton x Yayoi Kusama collection (image source)
Polka Dots have been around for ages and were popularized in the 80′s and 90s. Hit up any thrift store you’ll find numerous polka dot pieces. While this is a fun and kitschy print, polka dots are not always so easy to pull off. If you’re a person who shies away from prints, adding a smaller dotted print may liven up your wardrobe. If you’re already a polka dot addict, mixing up your use of polka dots will add more spunk to your style.
Click the slideshow to see more ways to rock the ever popular polka dots!
- Jazmin of Vintage Vandalizm wears all over polka dots in a great retro-style dress!
- Folake Kuye Huntoon of Style Pantry mixes bold polka dots with brightly colored pants.
- Nail wraps like Sally Hansen's strips are a great way to incorporate more subtle polka dots.
- Anna Sui showed adorable polka dot shoes in her Spring 2012 collection.
- Sheer polka dots are all over the place from these dainty gloves to Stella McCartney's jumpsuits and dresses.
- Don't be afraid of colored polka dots. Polka dots come in more than just black & white.
- Polka Dots and stripes are great companions. Have fun mixing the two for stealth styling!
Image Courtesy Mini Me Style
How do you rock polka dots?